Meeting Minutes 4-12-2011

Minutes and Treasurer Reports from the Fellow Feathers monthly meetings.

Meeting Minutes 4-12-2011

Postby fakeDecoy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:39 pm

Attendees: John S, Steve R, Mark L, Eric M, Tracey S, Ben D, Ted L, Chuck K, Jim M, Tom R, Dave K, Rafi L

Tech Officer Report: Continuing upgrades to web server, etc.
President Report: President is in communication with newspaper reporter who is writing an article about our club. Supplying info and pictures.

President appointed Mark L illedahl as Webcam Lens Cleaner.

Discussion of limiting access to certain parts of the website to voting members only for purposes of controlling PR and privacy of club business.
Motion made to limit discussion board to voting members only. Motion seconded. Vote passed. Tech Officer will begin working on it.

Other discussion topics:
- discontinued GGNRA waiver
- air races and possible other contests we can hold
- gliders in purgatory
- status of GGNRA dog leash plan
- upcoming drinking fountain move
- RC planes flying the ridge
- webcams and website
fakeDecoy

Re: Meeting Minutes 4-12-2011

Postby bobk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:17 pm

fakeDecoy wrote:Discussion of limiting access to certain parts of the website to voting members only for purposes of controlling PR and privacy of club business.
Motion made to limit discussion board to voting members only. Motion seconded. Vote passed. Tech Officer will begin working on it.

First of all, I want to thank the club for your efforts at making Fort Funston such a great hang gliding site. I've flown there a few times and always enjoyed it.

Second, I want to apologize if my posts have seemed "off topic" with my references to USHPA, Torrey Pines, and the US Hawks. I've been contacted by members of your club with an interest in these topics, and that's why I've been posting here. I hope that hasn't caused a problem, and I particularly hope that the motion to limit the discussion board to voting members was not prompted by my own posts. Please let me know if it was.

Finally, please let me know what it takes to become a voting member of your club. I have flown at Funston several times, and I have contributed by purchasing "stickers" as needed. I was never sure if that made me a "member" or a "voting member" or just a visiting pilot. Any clarification with regard to the newly passed rule would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bob Kuczewski
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
bobk

Return to Meeting Minutes and Treasurer Reports