Looking for 14mm Kernmantel rope for Hat Creek Rim

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Looking for 14mm Kernmantel rope for Hat Creek Rim

Postby flyingbrian » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:36 pm

The Hat Creek Rim Committee is looking for reasonably priced suppliers of 14mm static Kernmantel rope. The Chief of the volunteer fire department at Hat Creek contacted us hoping we could help replace their aging rescue rope. If you know of a retailer or wholesaler who has this specific rope we’d really appreciate hearing from you. The Hat Creek Volunteer Fire Department has been very responsive to the flying community’s needs over the years. We’d like to present the rope to them on behalf of the flying community and the committee, this coming Memorial Day weekend. :?
flyingbrian
flyingbrian

rope....

Postby diev » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:58 am

Brian,
did ou find any?...("Did you mean: 14mm static Kernmantle rope")...
I live right by a boat/marine store/shop (Santa Cruz Marine on 17th Ave. (might be Soquel Ave.) and also close to a climbing store/shop (The Edge on 7th Ave. or E. Clif Ave....or that area ;-))
One of the two should have it...
(maybe your going to fly the dunes and want to stop by)....just thought I would share...
diev

rope

Postby flyingbrian » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:23 am

Hi Diev,

I've been able to find smaller diameter rope, but not the stuff they have asked for. We're asking the fire department where they get theirs, but I'll ckeck out the sources you mentioned. Thank you very much.

Brian
flyingbrian

Rope

Postby flyingbrian » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:12 am

Found the rope that was needed.

Thank you,
flyingbrian
flyingbrian

Return to General Discussion