Last night's meeting

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Re: Last night's meeting

Postby bobk » Sat May 04, 2013 12:30 am

spork wrote:But frankly Bob - you should be thanking me. You're no longer the most hated man at the badlands you call Funston.

If I've been "the most hated man" at Funston, then I'd have to say that's a pretty great bunch of pilots you've got. Everyone I've met there has been somewhere between cordial and very friendly to me. Even when I've had disagreements with pilots, we've generally been able to be respectful to each other. In fact, I'd say the only exception to that has been the few negative comments I've gotten on this forum.

So if that's what being "the most hated man" at Funston means, then I'd have to give the club a big thumbs up.

spork wrote:I have never suggested we open that site to paragliding.
Right now (and for many years), the airspace in front of that ridge is claimed by HG pilots and defended through in-air violence.

Why are HG pilots having to defend the airspace with "in-air violence" (your term, not mine) if that site is not open to paragliding? Who is the "in-air violence" against, other hang glider pilots?
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
bobk

Postby sporty155 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Rick wrote....
For fuck's sake, can you honestly not see that it's reasonable to agree to allow the PG's some ridge where they too can be unhindered by strafing HG's!? But even that proposal is not considered. I've said MANY times I will settle for any reasonable arrangement. But simply living with the "stay the fuck out - or else" policy has come to an end.

After reading many posts in regard to this issue and following along its clear Rick that the problem is YOU...simply put. It’s you....

You have wanted either airspace or a place to land your PG on Funston property for a long time, the answer has been and always will be NO! You have been pushing the issue for years and its pissed allot of people off which is why you get intimidated, harassed, talked down to..... You’re a pain in the ass when it comes to this issue and you just won’t let it go... So now..... The fact that you have been intimidated and or harassed is what you’re trying to use as your leverage to force us to let you have your airspace and land at fort Funston.... Who’s harassing who Rick? Who’s using intimidation to get his way? Yepp.... YOU.... People have been right about you all along; you’re just like a 5 year old having a tantrum over not getting his way...

So No Rick, It’s not reasonable to have PGs flying our very small section of ridge or landing anywhere on fort Funston’s land..The reasonable agreement is for you and other PG pilots to not fly Funston’s ridge with hang gliders and to not land there.... simple right? This should be the end of your campaign right? Right....

Happy flying.. :mrgreen:
sporty155

Postby spork » Sat May 04, 2013 9:31 pm

bobk wrote:Why are HG pilots having to defend the airspace with "in-air violence" (your term, not mine) if that site is not open to paragliding? Who is the "in-air violence" against, other hang glider pilots?

Because there are some astonishing idiots there. Let's consider the facts:
- They don't control that, or any, airspace.
- The incident did not even happen in airspace that they try to claim for their own.
- The PG pilots involved had not even been in the airspace that they try to claim for their own (to my knowledge no PG had been in that airspace).
- Brad Martin was trying to attack me - and attacked another pilot instead. This is at least the second time he's done that.
- They have no right to "defend" that, or any airspace.

It sounds like you're suggesting they do have the right to defend certain airspace - but I don't think you're that stupid - so help me out here.
Last edited by spork on Sat May 04, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spork

Postby spork » Sat May 04, 2013 9:37 pm

sporty155 wrote:After reading many posts in regard to this issue and following along its clear Rick that the problem is YOU...simply put. It’s you....

After reading this one single post, it's pretty clear that you're not that bright Rob.

You have wanted either airspace or a place to land your PG on Funston property for a long time, the answer has been and always will be NO!

Wrong - you have nothing to say about the airspace. "NO" is not an option you have.

You have been pushing the issue for years and its pissed allot of people off which is why you get intimidated, harassed, talked down to..... You’re a pain in the ass when it comes to this issue and you just won’t let it go... So now..... The fact that you have been intimidated and or harassed is what you’re trying to use as your leverage to force us to let you have your airspace and land at fort Funston....

Wrong again. I don't have to "force you" to let me in the airspace. The FAA has given me *EXACTLY* the same right to that airspace as it has you.

Who’s harassing who Rick? Who’s using intimidation to get his way? Yepp.... YOU.... People have been right about you all along; you’re just like a 5 year old having a tantrum over not getting his way...

Wrong. I've got my way. I made a proposal - it was denied - and I'm leaving it at that. I simply will no longer extend the courtesy of staying clear of airspace the HG pilots would like to have for themselves. Why should I?

So No Rick, It’s not reasonable to have PGs flying our very small section of ridge or landing anywhere on fort Funston’s land..The reasonable agreement is for you and other PG pilots to not fly Funston’s ridge with hang gliders and to not land there.... simple right?

Nope. That's not an agreement. That's a directive - and one that you have no right to make.

This should be the end of your campaign right? Right....

I have no campaign. I made a proposal and it was voted down. Story over. See you in the air.

Actually - I'll take that back. I do have a campaign - and that is to have pilots disciplined when they violate federal law and endanger my life.
spork

Postby sporty155 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:03 am

Like I said, Your a big baby crying about not getting his way...

Its been told to you many times and you still want to mention "FAA Airspace" and the fact that its "legal" for you to fly the ridge.... Yes.... you can fly the ridge, just cant fly with hang gliders set-up or land on funstons property...

You want to bend around the main issue here which was an agreement between FF and Bapa that you had restrictions, and you have consistantly wormed your way around that agreement saying your not a part of bapa, and that its Legal for you to fly the ridge because the FAA airspace isnt "regulated" to say you cant....

And that rick, is the whole reason you are so hated by HG pilots, you wont take no for an answer, you keep pushing the issue and running your mouth with threats...

Oh.... and you telling me im not very bright is quite funny....Your hated by HG pilots and PG pilots as well for being a complete dick, filing complaints with the GGNRA, threatening our president with Ultimatums.... the list goes on....
You have allot to learn about being a Man and conducting yourself in a respectful manor within a club/group of people...

Good luck with that rick...
sporty155

Postby spork » Sun May 05, 2013 12:46 am

sporty155 wrote:Like I said, Your a big baby crying about not getting his way...

I'm not the one crying dumb-ass - you guys are. You want that airspace to yourself, and you want to take it by force. But it ain't yours. Quit fucking crying about it.

Its been told to you many times and you still want to mention "FAA Airspace" and the fact that its "legal" for you to fly the ridge.... Yes.... you can fly the ridge, just cant fly with hang gliders set-up or land on funstons property...

Can't fly with hang gliders set-up!? Where the fuck do you find that in FAR 103!? Check again. And I have no plans to land a PG on Funston property. I never suggested I would without the blessing of the club. I made it perfectly clear I won't.

You want to bend around the main issue here which was an agreement between FF and Bapa that you had restrictions, and you have consistantly wormed your way around that agreement saying your not a part of bapa, and that its Legal for you to fly the ridge because the FAA airspace isnt "regulated" to say you cant....

I'm not worming my way around anything. I have exactly the same rights to that airspace as you do - HG or PG. Your own club officers admit this openly. What if BAPA told you you couldn't fly your HG south of the gap? Would that have ANY effect on you? Of course not. You're a bad-ass outlaw that will do as you please.

And that rick, is the whole reason you are so hated by HG pilots, you wont take no for an answer...

I HAVE taken no for an answer. I never even argued the point. I asked for a rule-change that would let me take-off and land on a small portion of the Funston LZ - under very restricted circumstances. The answer was NO. Case closed. Nothing left to talk about.

you keep pushing the issue and running your mouth with threats...

I'm making threats!? WTF!?

Oh.... and you telling me im not very bright is quite funny....

I don't think there's much question about that.

Your hated by HG pilots and PG pilots as well for being a complete dick

It's "you're" dumb-ass. Spell check your insults - particularly when you're calling me stupid. And I don't think I'm hated by PG pilots. In fact I think I have the respect of those I respect. You know - the non-mouth-breathers.

filing complaints with the GGNRA

Again you're going off with the same stupid shit Emily does. Not a fucking fact among you. I have NEVER filed a complaint with the GGNRA. I did however get the info from them on how to file a complaint the other day. I'll be filing that this week. If someone was intentionally targeting you, and threatening your life, I imagine you might file a complaint as well.

Hey - you know who DID file a complaint with the GGNRA? Your buddy Brad Martin. They guy that attacked Jesse in the air because he thought Jesse was me. The same guy that has gone off on the GGNRA, dog walkers, beach goers, etc. The pride of Fort Funston. So he filed a complaint against the guy he attacked. Is that what you mean by "being a man" :ROFL:

threatening our president with Ultimatums.... the list goes on....

The list of what - made up shit?

You have allot to learn about being a Man and conducting yourself in a respectful manor within a club/group of people...

That sounds exactly like something you'd say to a black person that refuses to sit in the back of the bus. They just don't have enough respect for you whites! And I sure as hell don't have any respect for the people that have systematically threatened and intimidated PG pilots since I started flying Funston in 1995. The Fellow Feathers are an embarrassment to hang gliding nation-wide for their typical every day behavior.

By the way - I know more about being a man (and damn near everything else) than you ever will.
spork

Previous

Return to General Discussion