Correction

Announcements from the Fellow Feathers club.

Re: Proposed Bylaws Amendment

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:11 pm

To Janica Lee, USHPA # 92449.

Ms. Lee,

On 9/17/2015 you posted the following statement about me on the flyfunston.org General Discussion board:
JL: “Overstepping your office (as confirmed by USHPA's current President who felt it necessary to personally remind you to back off last week) by getting involved in Ed Levin matters outside your purview as both a Funston Treasurer and a USHPA Director-at-large + continuing to keep lists on people like an angry Santa waiting to pounce indicates an unfortunate loss of focus."

I wrote back with the following response:
SR: “USHPA President did not personally remind me to back off last week as you stated, you are spreading a slanderous un-truth.”

I also warned you about what you post:
SR: “If you have specific charges that you can back up, then please state them, but I encourage you to be careful because what you put in writing becomes a matter of public record.”

You responded saying:
JL: “Anyone is free to contact USHPA President Rich Hass and verify my statements. I stand behind the veracity of my post.”

I did contact USHPA President Rich Hass and am now providing proof that your original statement was not true. Please see the following excerpt from the email that President Hass sent to you, and copied me, on 9/18/2015:
RH: “I did say that I would talk to Steve but to be honest, I never considered telling him he was overstepping his office”.

Clearly, President Hass did not feel that I was overstepping my office, nor did he feel it necessary to personally remind me to back off as you claimed and later defended. In truth, he had not contacted me in any way regarding this matter.

Your posting these fraudulent and defamatory statements on a public discussion board is an attack on my character and disparages my reputation. I formally request that you immediately post, on the General Discussion board where you first wrote the falsehood, a statement that includes the following:

1) You admit that your statement “as confirmed by USHPA's current President who felt it necessary to personally remind you to back off last week” was false.
2) You retract the statement.
3) You apologize to both myself and the membership for posting the false statement, and re-commit to following the flyfunston.org Terms of Use.

If you choose to comply with my request I will consider this matter closed. If you choose to not comply, I will petition for your permanent ban from the flyfunston.org discussion boards for violating the Terms of Use.

I look forward to your favorable response.

Sincerely,
Steve Rodrigues
USHPA # 30605
USHPA # 30605
H-5, Mentor and Observer
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Re: Proposed Bylaws Amendment

Postby Janica » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:08 pm

1. Due to a miscommunication, I misunderstood the USHPA President and perhaps heard what I wanted to hear.

"DAL’s can and do get involved in disciplinary matters but when they do, they are expected to work with the regional directors in doing so. I did say that I would talk to Steve but to be honest, I never considered telling him he was overstepping his office; just that he needed to coordinate who would handle your issues and the ones Mike Jefferson is raising with the other RD’s. I apologize if I wasn’t clear on this." - USHPA President

2. My statement about you overstepping your office is retracted.

3. I apologize + recommit to this website's Terms of Use.
Janica

Re: Correction

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:58 am

Thank you Janica, I now consider this matter closed and we can move on!
USHPA # 30605
H-5, Mentor and Observer
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Re: Correction

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:32 pm

Note: This thread was mistakenly posted to the General Discussion forum. Janica pointed out my error and I moved it here to the Announcement forum.
USHPA # 30605
H-5, Mentor and Observer
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Return to Announcements