Looking for a glider to borrow/rent early June

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Looking for a glider to borrow/rent early June

Postby Bob Kanick » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I was a pilot at Fort Funston in the 2000-2003 time period and since moved to Boulder, CO. I sorely miss flying Funston and hope y'all realize how lucky you are to have such a great site to fly. I'm coming back for a visit in early June with my family and was wondering if anyone would be willing to rent/lend me a glider just to get a nostalgic flight in and show my family what it's all about. I have had a H-4 since the late 90s, fly a Litespeed 4 but can fly most any glider, am a very safe pilot, and know Funston's gotchas well (although things may have changed since then). I would be very gentle on the glider. Please send me a note at my email (***b o b k a n i c k AT m s n . c o m*** minus the spaces of course) if you're willing.

Regardless, I hope to stop by just to reminisce and ruminate on how I can get back to SF to fly here once again!

Thanks,
Bob
Bob Kanick

Re: Looking for a glider to borrow/rent early June

Postby Bob Kanick » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:09 am

Update: Someone with whom I flew back in the day has graciously offered his glider to me. Thanks for reading everyone, y'all are one of the best flying clubs I know. I look forward to seeing some old friends in June and hopefully the wind gods will give me a flight!
Bob Kanick

Return to General Discussion