Eric Mies fundraiser

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Eric Mies fundraiser

Postby dave ruiz » Sun May 29, 2011 7:38 am

i'm very proud to announce that Slanted House raised $1,020 for our pilot Eric Mies....we want to thank the pilots who showed up and generously donated to the fundraiser....Steve R. pls email me with Eric's contact people....i will then present it to his family/or partner.....thanks again guys, Slanted House
"If you ain't a pilot ...you ain't shit."
dave ruiz

Re: Eric Mies fundraiser

Postby arry carpenter » Sun May 29, 2011 10:28 am

:) good job
arry carpenter

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Sun May 29, 2011 10:48 am

Hi Dave,

Big thanks to you and the rest of the band!

I'm going by the hospital today to see Eric, I'll get good contact info for you and post an update on his condition.

I also want to set up a PayPal account for Eric so those who couldn't make the fund raiser can chip in if they want. I'll post that info soon as I can get it going.
USHPA # 30605
H-5, Mentor and Observer
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Sun May 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Met ACP's CRV and BF at the hospital this morning, we took turns visiting Eric. Eric can't talk right now because of the tubes but he can move both arms although not with enough fine motor skills to write. Nonetheless, he made it clear that he was happy to see us. I even got him to smile a few times. :-)
The HIPPA act kept the nurses from divulging his medical details so I hope to speak with Celia soon and will find out how much to put online.
USHPA # 30605
H-5, Mentor and Observer
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Mon May 30, 2011 6:02 am

I talked to Eric's wife Celia last night. She gave me an update on his condition but asks that the details be limited to close friends and family. Feel free to contact me off line if you fall in that category.

What I can say is that it is too soon for a prognosis and that Eric will undergo an important procedure on Tuesday. We will know more once he is over this step.

Eric and his family could use all the financial help they can get and Celia was surprised and very thankful for the fundraiser. She will set up a PayPal account to make donations easy, will get to that soon as she can.

Please keep Eric in your thoughts and prayers, stay tuned for updates.
USHPA # 30605
H-5, Mentor and Observer
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:23 am

Eric's surgery went well and he is now stabilized. The doctors can't say if his paralysis will go away or not. :-(

I'm sure he would appreciate visitors and both he and his family will appreciate our support for some time to come.

Eric is self employed, so any financial assistance would be very helpful. If anyone would like to make a donation to Eric and his family, you can use PayPal.

Please use this email address: riverview06 at comcast dot net (to be clear: 06 are the numbers zero and six, not the letter "oh")

You will get a PayPal confirmation from Celia Rassin, Eric's "better half" since 1978.

Thanks in advance!
USHPA # 30605
H-5, Mentor and Observer
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion