Can I interview you for my study?

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Can I interview you for my study?

Postby KV » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:37 pm

Hello -

I have approached some of you at Fort Funston, and thanks to the club officers who have allowed me to interview them, but I need about 5 more people who are willing to endure 1/2 to 1 hour of talking about your hang-gliding experiences at Fort Funston.

Specifically, I'm studying the perception of place from above it. I'd hate to have to change my topic. Please consider it. There's a free bottle of cheap wine in it for you! I may be able to do it over the phone if I can figure out how to record it. Thanks for considering this. Here's a current description of my topic:

This research will use an empirical phenomenological approach to explore the meaning and experience of place and the natural world that occurs during the activity of hang gliding. It will attempt to answer the following questions: what defines the experience of place for the hang glider? Is the perception of place defined mostly by the airspace, or by what is viewed below? Is grounded place more or less important from the air? How does it reveal itself? How does the experience of flying affect one’s perceptions and relationship with elements of the natural world? This research will also examine the value of using a phenomenological approach for uncovering alternative conceptions of the human/environment relationship.

Timeframe is roughly Aug/Sept. Please consider.

Karen Vitulano
[email protected]
650-270-0774 cell, 650-755-7798 home
KV

Some pilots might talk to you this saturday

Postby diev » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:39 pm

Karen,
I'll let you interview me this saturday afternoon out at the fort.
There should be plenty of other pilots out there willing to talk also, but I can only speak for myself. I should be out there in the later afternoon....
(I'll add a little disclaimer though because I'm not sure how busy flying I'll be or exactly what I'll be doing other than thinking of Dan)
diev

Thanks

Postby KV » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:52 pm

Thanks for the offer. I've all but given up on my thesis, since I need 5 more people and no one else has responded. I'm also reluctant to ask others this Sat. since you are all dealing with this tragedy.

I'll keep your contact info though, in case my thesis is resurrected. Thanks again.
KV

Return to General Discussion