2011 Clubhouse keys

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

2011 Clubhouse keys

Postby charlie nelson » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:45 pm

The Club's December meeting was last night. there were two great horned owls sitting beside the anemometer on the "HOUSE . huge and most fortuitous.
new Club officers were elected,see the meeting minutes section. thanks to the outgoing officers for your selfless service to the Club.
The members in attendance did letter stuffing ...I mailed out 100 membership renewal forms/waivers and voting members should receive them by snail mail soon . (there is still a 20 hour minimum of Funston flying per year to keep your spot.)
Please fill out and mail the forms back to me. (Two spacers please remember to pay for both spots. )
this IS a busy time of year , but Funston flying figures first.
When I get your form , waivers, and dues, I'll mail you your key and a 2011 sticker too.
Please include a stamped self addressed envelope .
see you at the fort, stay safe , have fun , and if you must pound , make it to the ice plant carpet
Charlie
email me at 'chahlieandkathy at yahoo dotto com'
charlie nelson

Re: 2011 Clubhouse keys

Postby charlie nelson » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:08 am

to The Proud Feathers,
below is the text that I forgot to send to the voting members this week.........another woops.....I may have to be fired and given a Lara gold retirement parachute

2011 Fellow Feathers Voting Membership and Sticker application. Please read!
Some critical events took place in 2009 that continue to affect the club. Conflicts with spectators and the failure to cooperate with the GGNRA / National Park Service law enforcement officers put our hang gliding permit in serious jeopardy. As a result, we (Fellow Feathers members) MUST be on our best behavior or risk losing our permit to fly at Fort Funston. There are two areas of prime importance:
1: All members are mandated to cooperate with rangers and other law enforcement officers.
2: There is a zero-tolerance position on the 25’ rule;
“No pilot may fly within 25' of any person on the ground. Pilots must yield to pedestrians and people on horseback. No pilot may launch when there are spectators in the launch area. Courtesy, especially toward spectators, is mandatory of all pilots.”
Remember that we are “Park Partners” and are being held to high standards. The FF rules state: “IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EVERY PILOT TO KNOW, UPHOLD, AND ENFORCE THESE RULES”, so please take responsibility and step in to defuse any conflict you may be aware of.
GGNRA permit holders must pay a Service District Charge for the buildings they occupy. As a result, our clubhouse costs the club $2,734.48 per year. We must also carry property insurance, currently costing us $756.00 annually. In order to balance our budget, the annual dues for voting members is $65.00.
After submission of your application and assuming there is space in the clubhouse, you will receive your clubhouse key and helmet sticker in the same envelope! Please note that the clubhouse lock will be changed on February 1, 2011.
Send your completed forms, dues check, and a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) to:
Charlie Nelson
3101 Page Street
Redwood City, CA 94063
Your membership dues not only pay our “rent” but are also put to good use maintaining the clubhouse, web cam, weather stations, hosting community events, and funding site improvements. Your generous donations help support hang gliding at Fort Funston and are greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
The Fellow Feathers Executive Committee
charlie nelson

Postby charlie nelson » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:55 pm

about 20% of our fine and honorable members have sent in their dues and I've mailed them their Key and sticker.
The wind is fattening for January.
charlie nelson

Postby fakeDecoy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:29 am

Awesome, abandoned gliders! This is gonna be a great glider auction this year!

Diver Dave
fakeDecoy

Postby charlie nelson » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:35 am

Dave, our hopes of lucrative auctions are dimming, like when the tule fog comes in at the Fort
53% of members have sent in their checks.
charlie nelson

Return to General Discussion