Online wind speed readings

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Online wind speed readings

Postby Daniel Pifko » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:35 am

The contacts on the wind speed meter for the web site were hosed in the recent storm. Dave S. is going to cling to his rooftop this weekend to see exactly what's wrong. Please use the dialup for wind speed readings in the meanwhile.

Daniel
Daniel Pifko
Site Admin

backup wind stations

Postby airtimesf » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:24 am

I have a Wind Station in Pacifica next to Manor Plaza, but occasionally it goes down. I often use Funston and my station as well as 3 stations in Daly City and Pacifica to get a broad idea of the winds at the coast. When a station goes down, like now, you can use the others to get a good idea for the whole coast. The stations are all listed at the bottom of my Pacifica Wind Page (each has a map link showing the exact location and altitude --- a couple of them have new software where they update direction and velocity on the fly ... http://www.paragliding-lessons.com/Pacifica_Wind.htm

On some days, you can see the shears coming when you see Funston at avg of NW 16 and in Pacifica it is SW at 5...

Jeff G
airtimesf

New wind meter on order

Postby Daniel Pifko » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:06 pm

The anemometer contacts are rusted and hosed. Dave's ordered a new wind meter and will install it after the mailman makes his drop.
Daniel Pifko
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion