Suggestions for storage

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Suggestions for storage

Postby mpgordon » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:08 pm

I'm moving up to SF from the South Bay and would like to start flying at Funston on a semi-regular basis. The place I'm moving into has no space for glider storage. Does anybody have any suggestions for convenient places in the city, preferably close to Funston, to store a glider? I have been trying to get information about storing a glider at the clubhouse from the officers, but so far I haven't gotten a definitive answer, and my impression is that the waiting list is very long. Please feel free to reply here or e-mail me directly at inverarity at gmail dot com.

Thanks!
mpgordon

Re: Suggestions for storage

Postby fakeDecoy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:13 am

Fill out the voting member forms with membership fee, log 20 hours at Funston within the last year, and then contact the clubhouse manager to be put on the clubhouse waiting list. I don't think you'll have to wait long.

http://flyfunston.org/documents/2010/Vo ... -10-09.pdf

Dave
fakeDecoy

Postby mpgordon » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:16 am

Yeah, logging 20 hours of flight is not something that's going to happen overnight, and I have been told by several people (though not the club officers) that the waiting list is about a year. I need to find an actual accommodation next weekend, or else put it somewhere temporarily, or sell it and take up paragliding.
mpgordon

Postby diev » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:04 am

we could add 36 spaces.....just need to slide them out of open box shelves...
Diev (not my idea, but a good one)
ff-clubhouse.jpg
ff-clubhouse.jpg (80.79 KiB) Viewed 10366 times
diev

Postby Daniel Pifko » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:16 am

mpgordon wrote:Yeah, logging 20 hours of flight is not something that's going to happen overnight, and I have been told by several people (though not the club officers) that the waiting list is about a year. I need to find an actual accommodation next weekend, or else put it somewhere temporarily, or sell it and take up paragliding.

Chahhhhlie Nelson is the right person to speak to, since he's the keeper of the list and has the most up to date info with zero hearsay. Contact info at memberlist.php.html?mode=viewprofile&u=13 .

For the immediate term, you may need to find someone with a spare spot or a garage.

For the clubhouse, it usually clears out in one big wave each year when people don't re-up rather than bit by bit, so get on that wait list if you aren't already.

As for the 20 hour thing - that's not meant for pilots new to Funston or moving into the area, so don't sweat it too much.

Daniel
Daniel Pifko
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion