Glider Auction AND BBQ September 30th

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Glider Auction AND BBQ September 30th

Postby crvalley » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:51 pm

Fellow Pilots!

Fellow Feathers will be holding an auction all day Saturday, September 30th, 2006 for gliders abandoned in the Fellow Feathers Clubhouse at Fort Funston. Many of these gliders have been up in purgatory for years and it is time to clean house. The airworthiness of a few of these gliders is questionable, but might provide the necessary material for that land sailor you’ve always dreamed of building…Fellow Feathers does not guarantee the airworthiness of any glider included in this auction. Money (if any) generated by this auction will go to Fort Funston site upkeep and improvements.

Rumor has it there may very well be a BBQ taking place, as well. The items up for auction will be left outside the clubhouse, so feel free to open up a bag and set up one of the gliders listed below:

Glider #1: Bag of Bones (Frame Only).

Glider #2: WW Raven: Brown & Yellow w/ Orange Keel Pocket (Black Bag).

Glider #3: UP Gemini: Rainbow Colored Sail Pattern (Blue Bag).

Glider #4: WW Raven: Dark Blue & Light Blue w/ Yellow Keel Pocket (Wills Wing Bag).

Glider #5: UP Glider (Model & Size Unknown): Yellow Dacron Leading Edge w/ Yellow & White Under Surface.

Glider #6: Unknown Make & Model Glider: Magenta Mylar Leading Edge w/ White Sail (Airfoil Down Tubes / Blue Bag w/ Red Middle and Ends).

Glider #7: WW Sport?: Blue Mylar Leading Edge w/ Yellow & Teal Sail.

Glider #11: Frame Tubing Only. Potential Land Sailor!

Glider #14: Single-Surface Glider: Black Leading Edge w/ Light Blue Under Surface. (Faded Black or Grey Gag. Might be a Wills Wing Harrier).

Glider #15: Pac Air MK IV: Broken Leading Edge / Orange Mylar Leading Edge w/ Pink and Purple Under Surface. (Note: Leading edge of sail is torn in half where leading edge broke).

Glider # 20: Magic Kiss 154: Frame Tubing Only w/ Grey Airwave Bag.

Glider # 21: Moyes SX, or XS: White Mylar LE. “Wadsworth” name on bag. Supposedly Steve no longer wants this glider…If you know Steve and he feels differently, please let us know…

Additional gliders may be added, or the gliders currently listed may be claimed by long-gone owner or distant relative of long-gone owner.

If you have questions, contact Chris Valley, at 650-863-1298. Or, you may email Chris, at crvalley (at) comcast (dot) net.

IN ADDITION, there will be a BBQ at Fort Funston starting around lunchtime on the 30th. Meat and other meat will be served, along with some soda/pop.

Fly Safe,

Fellow Feathers

A note from the Fellow Feathers: Pilots should select equipment that is appropriate for their skill level or rating. New pilots should seek professional instruction from a USHPA certified instructor before flying or considering purchase of any equipment. Used gliders should always be disassembled before flying for the first time and have all components inspected for fatigued or worn parts.
crvalley

Postby diev » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:15 pm

will there be any salad or VEGI-burgers at the BBQ....or just MEAT and more meat?

vegi-head Diev (wondering if I need to bring a lunch)
diev

Meat!

Postby crvalley » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:06 pm

Vegi Diev,

MEAT and more MEAT will be at the BBQ from what Raffy tells me...maybe FISH, too.

~Chris
crvalley

BBQ

Postby Urs » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:22 pm

What time will the BBQ be starting so I can bring my kids and their friends and families from the elementary school that have big brothers and sisters in high school so they can bring their friends and families from all parts of California and Mexico.
Urs

Re: BBQ

Postby crvalley » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:28 pm

Urs wrote:What time will the BBQ be starting?

I had posted on other sites that we're pushing for between Noon and 1PM or whenever we can get our act together enough to do so...

~CRV
crvalley

Barbecue time

Postby Rafael Lavin » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:41 pm

I will be at Funston around 1:00 PM// In the morning I have to go back to
Cosco to get the MEAT :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: also chicken ,salmon,hot dogs,ground meat .I
think it's enough of dead things to feast on.
There will be 3 different types of salad and very good dressing,some
tortilla chips and dipps CocaCola /7UP/Hansen,
See you Guys tomorrow.
I forgot to ask for utensils for the Grill so if you guys can lend me some
I will make my job a lot easier
Rafie :twisted: .
King Rafie
Rafael Lavin

Return to General Discussion