Message from FF President - elections 2013

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Message from FF President - elections 2013

Postby tom rust » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Once again Fellow Feathers elections are coming at the next meeting on Dec 11. Please come to this important meeting to have your voice heard and your vote counted.

I am running again for President. I appreciate the support I have had in the past and it is my desire once again to help as a voice for those who regularly fly Funston and want someone to have their voice heard. We've had a lot of fun at the Fort over the last 2 years I've been president.
Some of the work I've done for the club includes:
- The Westlakecam
- Repairs to the wind speed indicator, anemometer, temperature & humidity sensor, and the windsock.
- The 2012 Air Races
- Numerous BBQs - buying the food, set up & teardown
- Maintenance on the drinking fountain
- Keeping the observation pit alive
- Dealing with more bs than I ever cared to.
- Helping keep Funston a fun place to fly

I'm looking forward to a fun 2013! With the increased number of storms its likely we'll have more good post frontal days in the months ahead. I'm looking forward to some killer sheers. Come join us at the Fort for another year of awesome air.
tom rust

Re: Message from FF President - elections 2013

Postby docd » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:48 am

Thanks to all those trying to preserve our flying at Funston.

I will do my best to get to the meeting as early as possible.

The most important risk to our flying is spectator safety. I would appreciate each candidate spelling out their platform in regards to spectator protection.

Thanks,
Darrel
docd

Re: Message from FF President - elections 2013

Postby charlie nelson » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Dear Doc D, our President may or may not allow you voting privileges on dec 11,
even though you are an official 'voting member' of our club .
please read the post : who can / who can't vote. Tom Rust states there, that as President, he can interpret the Club bylaws as he sees fit, and none may protest.
Tom Rust has ruled unilaterally (in his post who can / who can't vote) that Tom White and Steve Rodrigues can't vote , because he says they lack 20 hours of flying for this year. even though both have flown the 20 hours.
by this reasoning he could also refuse to accept your vote.
Darrel please attend the meeting . We'll get this worked out in a democratic, perhaps not very orderly , fashion.
statements by the candidates regarding their spectator safety platform would be very welcome , but due to the contentious nature of this election , i doubt they will be forthcoming.
email me at 'chahlieandkathy at yahoo dotto com'
charlie nelson

Return to General Discussion