upgrades to the set up area

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

upgrades to the set up area

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Sat May 30, 2009 6:22 pm

I'm continuing the work on reducing the dog bite / dog poop problems and have two things going on:

I've scheduled to meet with GGNRA ranger Jeff Dunning tomorrow, Sunday May 31 to find a good location for a second doggie bag dispenser. I'm thinking that the most out of the way place would be next to our LZ warning sign at the top of the sand ladder The warning sign is up against the sand dune and below the top of the cliff and has been there long enough to have proven to not be an obstacle.

I'm also going to set up the new cones and yellow rope, per GGNRA permission, so that the dog walkers and other pedestrians will have a better idea of where our limits are and hopefully keep out. I'm planning on starting the cones near the top of the sand ladder and run them along our side of the sand trail. We could also start them from the parking lot end of the sand trail if we want. The idea is to define our set-up / LZ with out being in are own way!

I'd love some help with this and absolutely want more input so we have club consensus on everything. Everyone should be aware that if the first installation isn't ideal, we can always re-arrange things later, so please pass the word so nobody gets excited over nothing. (pardon the bad grammar)

Please call or email me with your thoughts or concerns, or better yet, meet me at the Fort Sunday around 12:30 PM and lend a hand!

Thanks!
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion