Dan Murphy's Stratus

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Dan Murphy's Stratus

Postby kenward1000 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:59 pm

I work with Ken DeRussey and help him collect and store classic hang gliders until the day that the sport we love could have a museum of it's own. I'm available to pick up Dan's Strat and store it along with the other 8 or so gliders I'm saving for posterity. It would be neat to include Dan's spaghetti harness and helmet for the display if possible.

Best regards,
Ken
West San Jose, CA

PS: I'm always looking for other signicant vintage gliders for the historical collection. If you've got a Comet OVR, or a early rigid wing, or something unique and significant, I'm ready to take if off your hands and put it in a safe place. Any donors will be recognized during each display event.
kenward1000

Dan's Strat

Postby crvalley » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:59 am

Hi Ken,
I'll speak on behalf of the Fellow Feathers here...Dan's flying gear will stay with the club and/or a few of his closest friends.
Chris Valley
Clubhouse Manager
crvalley

Postby kenward1000 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:19 pm

I'm glad to hear that Dan's gliders and flying gear will be preserved. Should there come a time in the future when a donation for the preservation of unique hang gliders could be considered, please keep me and Ken DeRussey in mind for Dan's Stratus.

Best regards,
Ken

PS: I've started a photo album containing all my pictures of flying with Dan. I met him in '82 and we flew hang gliders, ultralights, airplanes, and sailplanes together. Rest in peace, Dan.
kenward1000

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:57 pm

Hey Ken,
I'm sure all of us would love to see your photos.
Would you please bring your album to one of the club meetings?!
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion