Clubhouse repairs (material list!!) If you can help....

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Clubhouse repairs (material list!!) If you can help....

Postby sporty155 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:23 pm

Hello again everyone....

Clubhouse repairs are in the process but we need more materials...

Van had a great idea of making a list of things we need so we could pull our resources together... I figured I would start it here...

If you have any of the following it would help alot..

Masonry blocks... Need about 50 or so.. I have the rest we need.

Kilz Origonal Primer (5gal) oil base. Or a good oil base primer.
I thought the 10 gals I had would be enough but the wood is so pourous it needed a second coat on the sun areas.

I have 5 gals of extrerior oil base that im sure will be enough for the eaves, but we will need paint for the body of the building in a week or two... I'll paint the eaves first then we can pick the paint for the walls.

If you dont have anything lying around we would greatly appreciate any donation$ for materials...

Thanks. Rob
sporty155

Work to be done

Postby sporty155 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:59 pm

Ok, here is the work list in order..

1. latex caulking on the eaves (where the wall meets the eave, seal any cracks/gaps that are exposed.

2. finish scraping the eaves (the unpainted sections) of any peeling paint..... (just take off the peeling area, no more.. )

3. finish primering the eaves with "killz primer" ther is 1 gallon in the clubhouse.
( I would get on the upper roof and brush a heavy coat on the metal flashing and the wood facia, then I will go over the whole eave/facia with the spraygun.
sporty155

Return to General Discussion