Viewing Funston weather on your web site

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Viewing Funston weather on your web site

Postby Daniel Pifko » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:47 am

Hey guys,

Here's a good fog-day activity.

If you want to embed the Funston weather on your own web site/MySpace page/other profile, you can use one of the stickers on this web site: http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstat ... units=both

I'm checking into a google map but don't have that set up yet.

Daniel
Daniel Pifko
Site Admin

wunderground stickers and image hosting

Postby Jason Brush » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:11 pm

Cool! For some inexplicable reason, the "flyfunston" site is blocked at my office. However, I'd forgotten that much of the weather graphics and info are pulled straight from wunderground (which, along with the old funston domain, is not blocked), so I can just go straight there. But I still wish I had a way to get the visuals... :)

Question: the old domain still seems active, and is getting a feed (at least intermittently) from the stables cam. Since the site is still there, would it be possible/difficult to have the pano shot fed/mirrored to the old site again as well? :roll:

Inspired by the underground flash sticker, I embedded the pano image on my website (Blogger.com is also not blocked!) -- I was hopeful that I could get around my office blockade by tricking it into only "seeing" the domain of my site. Alas, as the more web-savvy among us might have predicted, the Man saw through my ruse (hence my query above). :(

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this or other work-arounds!
Jason
Jason Brush

Old vs. new

Postby Daniel Pifko » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:59 am

I've heard from a couple of people that flyfunston.org is blocked at work. If you have any hints as to why then perhaps we could work something out. Are you blocked getting to other .org's?

I feel your pain, but posting to the old site (on appweb.org) isn't going to happen. One of the reasons we upgraded to the new site is that we have much better access, control and capabilities with the new design. As a case in point, nobody who's currently in the FF club (including myself) has the ability to change the old web page. All that, plus more pilots can get into and reboot the current system in case something goes down.

Do you have access to a web site other than a blog? I may have some other ideas if you do. I have to noodle on the blogger.com thing, though - seems like a good idea if we can make it happen.

Daniel
Daniel Pifko
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion