Felow Feathers meeting, October 14

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Felow Feathers meeting, October 14

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:08 am

The next Fellow Feathers club meeting will be Tuesday, October 14 at 7:30 PM.

Besides the free pizza, there will be outstanding company and stimulating conversation!

Some topics will be;

- What has been working this year and what needs to be improved?

- Who would make good officers for the upcoming Executive Committee elections in December?

See you there!
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Tonight's Agenda

Postby cliffblack » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:16 pm

Steve,
I won't be at the FF meeting tonight. You made an attempt to get some interest in improving the training area and it seemed to have lost it's direction. That area has basically three launch areas: lower, mid and high terrace. The lower launch is easy to walk up and (if you turn) is very safe. The mid and upper area is a bit difficult to carry a glider up and the parh could use some minor clearing and terra forming. I would be happy to give anyone a tour and show them the specific area (and/or) lead a work party.

The other possibility for improvement of "the Fort" would be to consider cleaning up the area behind the clubhouse (which is a dog toilet) and buiding a deck.

Also, I see many commercial (for $money$) dog walkers that use Fort Funston as a toilet, should the parks be addressing the commercial use of public property as well as the health and sanitation issues? We can't use the fort for profit. We all understand and agree with that policy. Why should dog walkers be able to? When they release 15 dogs from a van they all spread out and crap all over the place. The dog walker can't pick up all the doggie poo and then we or some other visitor steps in it.

Just thought I would throw that out there :wink:

Thanks Steve for all your good work holding things together.

Regards
Tom
cliffblack

Return to General Discussion