Modifications to Proposed Bylaw Amendments

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Modifications to Proposed Bylaw Amendments

Postby Dan Brown » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:26 am

Consideration should be given to modifying the language of some of the proposed changes to avoid confusion and misinterpretation. Suggested modifications in italics.

Article V: Section 2
The proposed change states that voting members are members who have flown
hang gliders “10 hours in the preceding twelve (12) months.” Preceding from what? The bylaw should describe the event from which the clock starts to run backward.
“To vote in a Club meeting, a pilot must have flown a hang glider at Fort Funston for a total of 10 hours in the twelve months preceding the meeting.”

Article V: Section 4
The proposed change states: “No more than 3 members may be on record as
having their flying requirement waived at any point in time.” The language is
awkward and vague. “On record” and “any point in time” are undefined.
Can the waiver be “off the record” or at two points in time? To clarify, simplify.
“By majority vote, the Executive Committee may waive the 10 hour
requirement for three members.”
Dan Brown

Re: Modifications to Proposed Bylaw Amendments

Postby diev » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:49 am

Article V: Section 4
The issue as I remember it was...one of the 3 came off the list but the bylaws would not allow them to add another 3rd to make it 3 again....so there can only be 3 on the list at any given time, but if one comes off they need to beable to meet again and add another if there is another waiting.
Dan, your wording still sounds like they can only vote for that first three.....see the issue?

Diev
diev

Re: Modifications to Proposed Bylaw Amendments

Postby Dan Brown » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:01 pm

I hope this makes it clear that new waivers may be granted when the number falls below three. When I reviewed the modification, I realized that there was no time limit on the waivers. Are they good for life? I rewrote the modification to include a time limit. It does not have to be one year as I suggest.

“The Club may have three voting members who have not fulfilled the flying requirement. These members shall be selected by majority vote of the Executive Committee. The waivers shall be for one year. The Executive Committee may grant waivers only when the number of waivers is not more than three."
Dan Brown

Return to General Discussion