Unified Bay Area flying classifieds

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Unified Bay Area flying classifieds

Postby Daniel Pifko » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:55 am

The recent discussion about FlightPlans and the WOR board made me think about what exactly is cross-posted across all local web sites on a regular basis.

Answer: For sale/wanted

I think most of us would be willing to make a long-ish trip from the south/east/north bay to buy a glider, even if we weren't interested in flying the other clubs' sites on a regular basis.

So what about having a single web site where people could post Greater Bay Area sale/wanted ads? Then each of the local clubs' for sale/wanted boards would go away and each club would link to the GBA web site.

Pilots who want to sell their gear would only have to post once to hit all the local and semi-local buyers.

The clubs I regularly surf for ads are Sonoma Wings, Funston, WOR and McClure/MLSR, so those are what I have in mind as participants.

I could set up a separate forum for this or we could put it on any one of the clubs' domains.

Thoughts?

Original thread started at http://www.wingsofrogallo.org/cgi-bin/y ... 36;start=0

Daniel
Daniel Pifko
Site Admin

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:47 am

Good idea!

Have you posted this question to the other discussion boards?

I didn't want to take the time to check each one to see for myself. Could you also start a "united bay area check all the other boards for similar postings" board? ;-)
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion