Nor Cal Aero Club

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Nor Cal Aero Club

Postby Daniel Pifko » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:38 pm

Starting September 9th Pilots and sport flight enthusiasts will have access to a new Aero Club. Nor Cal Aero Club will provide to its members scheduled Aerotowing, tandem aerotow training, two seat trike training, power soaring harness training, nano soaring trike training and more Aero Club services.

The collaborators on this effort are Ken Brown, Paul Splan and Greg Minolli.

Aka: The Nor Cal Aero Club.

Dixon California, located between Davis and Vacaville in Northern California, is a small and unassuming town with 1000’s of acres of landable fields and miles of soarable skies. Nor Cal Aero Club is operating out of the South end of the Crop Duster Strip of Dixon Aviation located 5 miles South of I-80 on Hwy 113.

Current scheduled dates are September 9-11 and 16-18 October 14-16 and 21-23.

Pilots must be current USHGA regular or student members, pre-registered/waiver signed with Nor Cal Aero Club and 18 years of age if they wish to fly. All pilots must check-in with NCAC staff prior to unloading gear.

On site registration the day you want to fly is available, time/staff permitting.

There is no cost to pre-register. Use, tow and club fees are collected each day.

Only current Nor Cal Aero Club members will be allowed to access the flight area. Membership has its privileges, responsibilities and rewards.

Intro/Student NCAC membership is $5.00/day which converts to $50 Annual Member if accrued in same year.

Tow fees payable to the Nor Cal Aero Club start at $25 to 1000’ or 5 tows to 1000’ for $100.

The Buddy plan is one aerotow to 2000’ and an Introductory Trike lesson for $125, all inclusive.

Working club members earn additional discounts. See Flight Rules and Operating Procedures for details.

User fees assessed by the Dixon Aviation landowner are $20.00 per day/per wing. $30 for two days which includes camping privileges for one night. Payable through the Nor Cal Aero Club.

Easy math. Day use fee: $20 + NCAC daily membership: $5 + Five tows to 1000’: $100 = $125

XC Retrieve : Priceless

Equipment available to NCAC members: Aerotow/ two place trainer trike (s), launch dollie(s). Nano soaring trike and wing, Bug II power soaring harness, Mosquito power soaring harness, tow releases and all tow related equipment will be available club members to rent or buy.

Aerotow clinics will be available. Minimum of hang 2 with ¾ of the hours to hang 3.

We will have a large, walled shade structure to duck out of the sun and wind as well as tables and BBQ grill. A Porto potty and water on site will be provided. Bring family and friend for a flying good time. Come out and enjoy the air over the Central Valley and support your local fledgling Aero Club.

Look for steamers, follow signs...

Contact Ken Brown at [email protected] for NCAC pre-registration forms, waivers information.

Ken Brown Sportwings
200 Hillcrest Dr.
Auburn, California 95603
Phone (530) 888-8622 Fax 888-8708
www.moyesamerica.com
Daniel Pifko
Site Admin

NorCalAeroClub.com 9/16-9/18

Postby diev » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:26 am

Nice shots Gerry, I was out there sat and had a few solo trike rides and a few tows. This place looks like it has some potential, with the ease to stay in the thermals, I was doing the same thing (but in that trike) watching them on the ground that is. I also found a nice field that was just letting loose, I sat on it for about 20 min. At one point I was in the core watching grass circle all around me.
It was some fun flying and like you said, very professional. We are working on the web site but all the forms are there and downloadable now...ready for next weekend (for those that stick around ;-)
http://www.norcalaeroclub.com
diev

> http://www.agxnetworks.com/20050911_dixon/dixon.htm
> Gerry P.
diev

Nor Cal Aero Club 9/17-9/18

Postby diev » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:52 am

Hello All,

We had a great weekend. Over 25 tows,most to 2000' ASL and a thermal climb to an altitude of 4200'!

Thanks to those that came out to play in the sky. We had a few pilot visitors come out and all left with a favorable impression of the location and operations. David D. came all the way from San Luis Obispo and enjoyed two day of flying fun. Gerry P. on his third flight went XC and nearly made it to his home in Davis.

Next weekend September 17-18 we are on for more of the same. Come on out and fly with the Nor Cal Aero Club.

Go to www.NorCalAeroClub..com for more information. The new, improved one page waiver and club membership application can be found there as well as information on rates and services.

Ken Brown - Sportwings
200 Hillcrest
Auburn, California 95603
Phone (530) 888-8622 Fax 888-8708
www.moyesamerica.com
Sportwings_sbcglobal.net
diev

Return to General Discussion