Clubhouse Repairs!!!!

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Clubhouse Repairs!!!!

Postby sporty155 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi everyone....

Last club meeting we talked about weatherizing the clubhouse and getting it ready for winter. Im heading out there thursday (17th) about noon to start on the outside.... sealing, scraping paint, primering etc...

If your up for an hour or two of helping out that would be cool, I could use hlp moving the lockers away from the windows so I can seal etc...... Im bringing materials for the day....

If you are a keyholder and can open the door around 2-3 pm (or earlier) that would be great, lots of work to do on the inside as well...

thanks..Rob
sporty155

Postby mooncricket » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:18 pm

I can't make it but THANK YOU for doing this.
mooncricket

Repairs

Postby sporty155 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:30 pm

NO problem... I managed to get quite a bit done thursday, power washed the eaves, scraped a shtload of paint, pluged up a few of the larger holes with ridgid foam, (temporary until I brick it in) squeezed about 11 tubes of caulking into the various gaps/cracks etc....

I plan on being out there @ noon on saturday to start primering the bare wood, more sealing to do...

Rob
sporty155

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:53 pm

Thanks Rob, you are awesome!

Hey everyone, Rob envisioned these improvements to the clubhouse all on his own and seems to be carrying the ball as well. And he doesn't even have a glider in there, he's just thinking of others. What a guy! I'm running a tandem clinic all this weekend so I can't help but I do hope someone else can jump in and give him some well deserved support.
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

List of action.!!

Postby vanpelham » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:50 pm

Rob

thanks again for your help, all of our gliders will errode away a little slower. so I had an idea, can you make a list (clip board in club house) of supplies needed and things that need to get done. I have some time in the afternoon during the weeks to help. thanks again.. :roll:
fly safe..thx..Van
vanpelham

Postby sporty155 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:12 pm

HI Van, Thanks for the help... I will be there sunday before 11:00am to start work again, I will make a list of things that we need and a list of what were doing so in case someone want to show up and do some painting etc.. I will have supplies and material there to do so...

Last week I framed out a couple windows to make them look a little nicer and plan to finish the rest of them sunday, underneath those framed out windows the plywood will be removed and masonry block will be installed to make it look "normal" again....

In 2 months you wont recognize the place :)

Cheers, Rob
sporty155

Postby sporty155 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:33 pm

Hello..... Is this Mic on?

OK.... currently the exterior work on the clubhouse is moving along.. just in case your up for some easy work the south, east, and north side of the clubhouse eaves need to be latexed ( the 3" wood trim where the wall meets the eave) and any peeling paint can be scraped off in those same areas...

There are tubes of latex caulking and a gun in the clubhouse.... bring a putty knife if you want to scrape....

ALSO!!!!.... I would like to errradacate the iceplant that is around the front of the clubhouse.....we could plant something cool????

Ok dont everybody fight over who gets to do what, there is plenty of work to do :)
sporty155

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:37 am

I've been keeping the ice plant trimmed to the back of walk so it looks neat. I'm going to trim around the NW corner when the construction is over.

The ice plant is hardy, requires no watering or weeding, and blends in with the landing area. Let's leave it as is.

Also to clarify, by latexed, Rob means application of latex caulking, not paint.

Thanks Rob!
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

workin SATurday

Postby vanpelham » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:54 am

R

I'm headed out to work on the clubhouse, 10/17....
fly safe..thx..Van
vanpelham

Return to General Discussion