Looking like 6 hours of good air 1-4-05?

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Looking like 6 hours of good air 1-4-05?

Postby diev » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:48 pm

http://usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code ... A&sta=KSFO
If that works it shows westerly at 8+ from 10am to 4pm......but will it be wet?
now to take off work or........to take off work?....D
diev

yeah sure whatever ya clown....

Postby diev » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:45 pm

that was at 3:48, now it's a 30 sec sled ride to the beach in 4+ winds from who know what direction (for 6 hours)...should I go or should I stay....I'll check back with ya all in the am :roll:
diev

well I'm not working here at work.....

Postby diev » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:23 pm

So I guess I'll go up there and do a wind dance (and play with my RC motocycle)...the wind just does not know what direction to blow....
oh well.
diev

there I sat.....

Postby diev » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:22 pm

By the time I was at launch it was southwest at around 5-7mph, I set up my moto and played a bit, wished it would go faster (just like the real thing I MORE SPEED).....so after a bit it seemed to pic up another couple miles an hour, the wind was from an ok direction still so what the heck. During my setup I noticed it getting a bit stronger, maybe 8 or 9mph now, thinking it would keep getting stronger I smiled and felt all happy, BUT by the time I was ready it backed off and just lingered around 6 or 7 again. I hooked in and went to launch, told the guys to keep flying (RCs), I just wanted to feel the air. So there I sat, all ready but not willing to go to the beach for the first time so I packed it up. I did get some awesome pictures, I'll have to add one to my funston page on my site....
So there is the thread of an air horny pilot who didn't get any :-(
diev

Return to General Discussion