USHPA Regional Director Election

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

USHPA Regional Director Election

Postby Dave Wills » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:34 am

Dear Fellow Feathers,

You’ll soon be receiving your October issue of Hang Gliding & Paragliding Magazine with the announcement of the upcoming elections for Regional Director of USHPA. The Current Director for Region 2 whose term expires in December, Jim Macklow, has decided to not run again. There are two people on the ballot this time; me and Jon James.

For those who don’t know me, let me tell you a little about myself. I’m now into my 20th year as a hang glider pilot and have been active in WOR and the USHPA. To support WOR, I give the WOR hang gliding Observer and Instructor clinics. I have been an Examiner for the USHPA for a long time and I appoint nearly all of the hang gliding Observers in the South Bay. I have also been active in USHPA in other ways, although never before as a Regional Director. I attended the last BOD meeting in Colorado Springs, representing Region 2 for a Director who could not attend. I plan on participating at this year’s BOD meeting. I am currently a member of the Marketing and Development committee of USHPA, and its sub-committee, Internal Marketing.

You’ll find some additional information about me in the October magazine. If you would like any further information or would like to make other comments, please contact me.

Thanks,
Dave Wills
Dave Wills

Return to General Discussion