Proposed bylaw amendments for April 2014 - Article XII

Announcements from the Fellow Feathers club.

Proposed bylaw amendments for April 2014 - Article XII

Postby fakeDecoy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:47 pm

UPDATE: We didn't get to this at the March meeting, so it will be proposed at the April meeting.

I seem to still have access to post in Announcements, so on behalf of Tom Low here are proposed amendments to be voted on next meeting.

The wording which is proposed to be removed is in parentheses. ( ) The wording that is proposed to be added is in brackets; [ ]

ARTICLE XII: AMENDMENTS
Section 1: These bylaws may be amended by an affirmative vote of two thirds (2/3) of the members present at two consecutive meetings. (Proposed amendments to the bylaws shall be posted in their entirety on the Fellow Feathers website at least ten days prior to the meetings.)

Section 2: At least ten days before the (meetings, the proposed amendments shall be e-mailed to those members who have provided the Club with their e-mail addresses.) [first of the two consecutive meetings, a notice containing the topic of the proposed bylaw change will be posted on the Fellow Feathers website. The wording of the proposed amendment may be refined before and/or during the first of the two meetings. If passed at the first meeting, the amendment wording will be posted in its entirety on the Fellow Feathers website at least ten days prior to the second meeting. At the second meeting, the amendment will be voted upon with no additional changes.]

Section 3: Any such amendments must be consistent with the provisions of the
Club’s permit agreements and any other requirements, regulations or agreements with state and local governments, other relevant authorities and affiliated organizations.
Last edited by fakeDecoy on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
fakeDecoy

Re: Proposed bylaw amendments - Article XII

Postby Dan Brown » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:20 am

The proposed amendments have serious defects. Section 2 states that the “wording of the proposed amendment may be refined before and/or during the first of the two meetings.” However there is no “wording” to be “refined” at the first meeting since only “a notice containing the topic of the proposed bylaw change” is posted; not the bylaw.

Without disclosure of the bylaw, the process is subject to manipulation. When combined with the other proposed bylaw amendments to allow pilots with only one hour of flying time at Funston to be voting members and to allow waivers for an unlimited number of members with no flying time at Funston or anywhere to be voting members, the Club and the site will be run by those who seldom fly it or fly a different device than a hang glider.

To the best of my knowledge no organization has a word like “refined” in its bylaws. “Refined” is vague. Who determines what is “refined”? Minor modifications like correcting spelling or grammatical errors are permitted.

Dan Brown
Dan Brown

Re: Proposed bylaw amendments - Article XII

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:10 pm

I thank everyone for contributing to this important process and propose the following Bylaws amendment. The wording which is proposed to be removed is in parentheses. ( ) The wording that is proposed to be added is in brackets; [ ]

ARTICLE XII: AMENDMENTS
Section 1: These bylaws may be amended by an affirmative vote of two thirds (2/3) of the members present at two consecutive meetings. (Proposed amendments to the bylaws shall be posted in their entirety on the Fellow Feathers website at least ten days prior to the meetings.)

Section 2: At least ten days before the (meetings, the proposed amendments shall be e-mailed to those members who have provided the Club with their e-mail addresses.) [first of the two consecutive meetings, the proposed amendment will be posted on the Fellow Feathers website. The wording of the proposed amendment may be fine-tuned before and/or during the first of the two meetings. If passed at the first meeting, the amendment wording will be posted in its entirety on the Fellow Feathers website at least ten days prior to the second meeting. At the second meeting, the amendment will be voted upon with no additional changes.]

Section 3: Any such amendments must be consistent with the provisions of the Club’s permit agreements and any other requirements, regulations or agreements with state and local governments, other relevant authorities and affiliated organizations.
USHPA # 30605
H-5, Mentor and Observer
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Re: Proposed bylaw amendments for April 2014 - Article XII

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:53 am

After some thought and conversation with another club member, I've decided that I don't want to do anything right now that might complicate current issues. I am hereby retracting the Bylaws amendment that I previously proposed, please see the above post.
USHPA # 30605
H-5, Mentor and Observer
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Return to Announcements