Construction starts tomorrow!

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Construction starts tomorrow!

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:01 am

I just received a phone call from the NPS to inform us that the San Mateo County Sanitation District (City of Daly City) will begin reconstruction of their sewer line tomorrow, October 1. (This is in addition to the 6 week sewer project that the City of San Francisco will begin on Tuesday October 13)

They need to rebuild 60' of sewer pipe at the top of the cliff, and this project is expected to take 2 to 3 weeks. During that time they will use the NW corner of the parking lot as a staging area.

I'll post more news soon as I find out.
Last edited by Steve Rodrigues on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

additional information

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:18 pm

Update from Daly City regarding sewer construction from October 1 thru 15. (est)

"There will be heavy equipment working on the edge of the bluff (from the bluff face to approx. 70 ft away from the slope) during the two weeks of our construction. At this time, an excavator and a drill rig are expected. The drill rig may be upwards of 50 ft tall when erected and on site for a couple of days. I do not have specific dates on the drill rig at this time. The excavator will only be as tall as 20 feet and will be on site for most of the construction."
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Start delay

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:08 pm

The sewer district has delayed their start date to Monday October 5.
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion