"no acro" rule

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

"no acro" rule

Postby fakeDecoy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 pm

The "no aerobatics" rule was removed by club vote on 12-8-2009, effectively allowing aerobatics that is not done in the launch window or by the observation deck. There was never a subsequent vote to reinstate the rule. I bring this up because the latest rule sheet has this rule added back on erroneously. The forum won't allow me to attach pdf files. Contact me or see the FF facebook page for the file.

Diver Dave
fakeDecoy

Re: "no acro" rule

Postby crvalley » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:43 pm

fakeDecoy wrote:The "no aerobatics" rule was removed by club vote on 12-8-2009, effectively allowing aerobatics that is not done in the launch window or by the observation deck. There was never a subsequent vote to reinstate the rule. I bring this up because the latest rule sheet has this rule added back on erroneously. The forum won't allow me to attach pdf files. Contact me or see the FF facebook page for the file.

Diver Dave

Rule #13: Stunt flying and aerobatics are prohibited.

Still posted on current rules and regulations...
“We abuse land because we see it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” ― Aldo Leopold
crvalley

Postby fakeDecoy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Right, rule #13 is the one that was removed. I believe someone used an outdated version of the rules to update the H2 rules on last week.
fakeDecoy

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:00 pm

Well crap, I thought I'd dropped rule # 13 by accident so I put it back in. I thought I made a mistake but I was mistaken!

Our GGNRA Special Use Permit has rule # 13 written into it: “Stunt flying and aerobatics are prohibited.” (They pretty much take our rules and embed them into the SUP when they write it)
The thing is that the club can’t change our SUP simply by voting on it. It is a written contract and any change has to be negotiated and agreed upon by the GGNRA. I don't know how this concept slipped by us three years ago but I’d say that we need to reconsider our actions, especially in light of recent events that shine a spotlight on this area.

Rule # 4 covers the launch window just fine, but we should consider how rule # 13 might protect the high profile bowl just south of the sand trail.
How about we put our heads together and discuss this at the August meeting?
USHPA # 30605
H-5, Mentor and Observer
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:28 am

Re: Rule #13, "Stunt flying and aerobatics are prohibited"
The membership voted to reinstate Rule #13 at the August club meeting.
USHPA # 30605
H-5, Mentor and Observer
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion