6th and Market in SF

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

6th and Market in SF

Postby diev » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:59 pm

Well it happened to me, my car was broken into and my bag with some hang gliding equipment, my cameras, a couple jackets and a pair of pants were all taken from SF. Don’t think parking on well lit streets or covering with dirty jackets mean anything. It happened between 4 and 12:00 Saturday night (26th). When I got to my car and noticed I ran around the area looking for any clues or signs, anything or somebody…nothing. Frustrated and pissed as all hell at myself we went back to my friend’s house for the night around 1:00am. I taped up where my window was, set my alarm for 7am and went to sleep. Jumped up at 7 and went right back down to the area (I wasn’t going to give up that easy). After driving around for a few minutes I went over to where the homeless/drug happy gangs were and started asking where people would sell “stuff”. After a number of tries someone actually told me…”down at 6th and Market at the Carl’s Jr., but you better hurry, stuff goes fast”. With that I jumped back in my glass filled seat and got down there. I wasn’t going to park close to the place incase they saw my car and ran…..but I didn’t care at this point and parked right next to the Carl’s Jr. I open my door and there on the ground by the trash is one of my hats that were in my bag. Dang, I’m too late I thought but I’ll just go inside to check this place out. I open the door and there are people selling things on tables out of hang bags, tools and such…..I walk around and look at a few things and go out front to the main selling area. Someone would walk up with a bag and set it on the ground, people would come over and crowd around and start buying stuff. Still no sign of any of mine though, so I walk back over to my car, but looking inside I see something the color of my bridle and chute spindle. I run in and sure enough there it is with my ppt system, camera mount, one of my 2way radios and some other little things. I promptly take it ALL from him. He says how much are you going to pay me? Take a F…… hike, this is my stuff….well I just paid $30 for it all…..I could care less, show me who you paid and I’ll beat your $30 out of his head…..Then this character led me around a few blocks looking for ? who was probably standing right next to him. Eventually we came back to Carl’s Jr. to wait for the guy. He never showed back up and I felt a little bit bad for this guy, although I know he didn’t pay $30 for what he had, I bought him a cheese burger. I sat there for about three hours and sure enough I’m looking out the window and there is my bag on someone else’s shoulder. I ran out there and grabbed it, he had a fit and started yelling for his buddy. I said call your f…….. buddy because I’ll kick his f…….. ass to. Who ever he was calling ignored him. I looked in MY bag and all his stuff was in it with a few of my ties, bar mits and little things. By this time a whole crowd came and gathered around us while I’m calling this guy ever name in kingdom come. Then the nuns come over and start telling me I shouldn’t be so attached to these things and I should just go pray to god. I said maybe these things are my god and these are what I use to pray……so I asked her are you attached to your clothes, your personal things? Why don’t I take them from you and tell you to go pray and see how you feel…..I was pissed and they just came at me at the wrong time, all the crack heads and feens were saying “man you should be nice to the ladies and show some respect” I told them to f….. off and show me some respect and give me back my stuff and quit doing this shit. Well I took all my stuff and put it in the bag, dumped this second guys stuff on the first guy and went back to waiting. It was hard to watch person after person come to that area with another bag and have a crowd gather around and start the frenzy. I must have stayed there for another hour or two before I couldn’t stand it and had to leave.
6th and Market but don’t go there and do what I did unless you know how to protect you self (from someone who all ready doesn’t care too much about life).
Some things that I could not get back…..

Hang Gliding Wheels (air stream, pneumatic, mount on base tube)(in my pictures)
Breadbox vaio with PVC mount. (in my pictures)
XC lightweight glider bag and batten/tip bags
7x10 Binoculars
130# Braided Dacron, my weak links L
2 Jackets, 1 pants, 2 sweatshirts
Sharp 4.0 mp digital camera with 256sd card.(used to take all my pictures)
Toshiba 4.0 mp digital camera with 128sd card w/ remote
1 gig, 256, 64 and 32 sd cards :-(
Lee Helmet w/ folding chin (in my pictures)
Camel pack
A few other misc. items
If any of you see any of this and can get it for a reasonable price I’ll buy it back for what you paid.
diev

VX-150 also :-(

Postby diev » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:35 am

They also have my VX-150 hand held 2meter ham radio :-((
I have the charger and everything else for it still....
I'll be watching Ebay for it all.....
diev

Return to General Discussion