Tandem rules

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Tandem rules

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:04 am

Hello all Funston pilots,
It is my responsibility as the club's Tandem Director to clarify and enforce the FF tandem regulations. I recently sent the following email/letter to all approved Funston Tandem Instructors.
Please check out the details and help protect our fantastic flying site.
Thanks!
Steve

PS, While the website is currently being updated and will soon have updated Tandem Regulations, nothing has changed in regard to commercial operations.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
August 7, 2008

Dear Funston Tandem Instructors,

I would like everyone to be on the same page in regard to doing commercial tandems at Fort Funston;

COMMERCIAL TANDEM FLIGHTS AT FORT FUNSTON ARE PROHIBITED.

Please be aware that accepting any form of financial remuneration in exchange for goods or service puts a liability lawsuit in a different category, one that could involve not just the GGNRA, but also officers of the Fellow Feathers.

When I think of losing Fort Funston and possibly my home, well, I'm not afraid to say that anyone who abuses this miracle of a flying site is in serious jeopardy and will be subject to not just removal of tandem privileges but complete suspension from the site.

The FF rules state that all pilots are responsible for enforcement of the rules, so it is your duty to report all violations.
I will be passing this on to the general membership as well.

Please think of others before you act.

Sincerely,
Steve Rodrigues
President, Fellow Feathers of Fort Funston Hang Gliding Club

cc via email; Paul Sussman, Michael Jefferson, Gordon Pollock, Paris Williams, Steve Rodrigues, Urs Kellenberger
cc via USPS mail; Eric Mies
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion