October Work Party!

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

October Work Party!

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:53 pm

A work party is scheduled for Saturday, October 2 at the Clubhouse from 9:00 AM to 12 noon.

Teams will split up into two groups, one to pack insulation under the eaves inside the clubhouse, the second team will finish painting the trim on the outside. Stragglers will be expected to sweep out the building when all is done.

Note: Per club vote, LAUNCH WILL BE CLOSED DURING THE WORK PARTY!

Please come lend a hand, our club needs everyone to do their fair share!
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Oh yeah and 1 more thing, please read!!!

Postby sporty155 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Were also going to remove all the lockers from the clubhouse so the walls and floor can be cleaned properly (removing as much dust and mold as possible) then put them back..

SO! If you can..... please take your harness or whatever it is you have in there home til were finished cleaning. Empty lockers will get wiped out to remove dust.... Mold wont grow unless it has wood dust and we have that everywhere....

Our main objective here (and we talk about tis 1 year ago) is to seal up the clubhouse watertight and clean the inside so its not moldy/mildewy during the winter........ 45 days away?

Please help out if you can, getting this phase finished will be a major step in having the clubhouse look/smell nice...

Respond back HERE and confirm that you are going so I know how much coffee/food to bring...

Rob- 7:00am
sporty155

Postby fakeDecoy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:57 pm

I'm game.

Diver Dave
fakeDecoy

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:43 am

Our tasks have been modified: We will not be installing insulation, instead we will focus on finishing the exterior paint job and clear coating the mural.

Hope this makes the work party sound more attractive!

We don't want to waste coffee and bagels: Besides Rob, Dave and myself, is anyone else planning on attending?
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Postby diev » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:49 am

not sure I can make it (I should have my kids), I'll try for sure, but should we still clean out our lockers?
Diev
diev

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:37 am

It would take almost everyone to clean out their lockers in order to move them. I don't believe anyone else has, so unless Rob has other ideas, I'd say no, don't bother. Thanks for asking though!
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Postby sporty155 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:20 pm

I dont think it matters too much, it would be nice to have them empty just to vac it out and remove dust/wood particals....

Here is my wish list for the day .....

Finish the sealing on the exterior eave (caluking, priming)

Electric leaf blower to remove dust particals from the ceiling/walls, shop vac anything that lands on the floor..... Move all lockers away from the wall to clean behind them and or inside them...

Once that is finished I would like to mop the floor with water and bleach to start killing off the mold

Finishing the ext sealing will go fast.... The major task is getting the clubhouse as dust/dirt free as possible before the rain gets here...

And once that is finished....... 100% complete.... Painting the floor will happen in the following week or 2.

Im bringing coffee/water and Noahs for the AM
Pizza @ 1:00pm for these who attend and work....
sporty155

Postby sporty155 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:27 pm

FYI...

Im also bringing a couple hand trucks to make locker moving easy...

Cleaning supplies, 2 shop vacs... Garbage bags....
sporty155

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:53 am

I'll bring my leaf blower but only have one set of ear-muffs. Pretty sure I have a dust mask.

Will we need more paint brushes and small paint cans to carry up ladders?
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:37 pm

Thanks to all who attended, the work party was a resounding success!

The building was emptied out, blown and swept out, sprayed with mold eating enzymes and bleach. The eves were caulked, mural sealed, and even the sand dune that had build up against the east wall was shoveled away!!!

Big thanks to everyone who lent a hand:

Rob Johnson (Both inspiration and instigator)
John Olsen
Dave Royer
Darrel Robbins
Ric Hawkins
Dave Kiesling
Pete Welch
Andrew Dolling
Dave Crafts
Steve Rodrigues

The building looks bigger inside because everything that didn't belong in the club house went bye-bye. Please help keep it that way by not leaving anything inside except your glider.

Thank you!
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion