August 3rd 2017 Fellow Feather’s Meeting Minutes

Minutes and Treasurer Reports from the Fellow Feathers monthly meetings.

August 3rd 2017 Fellow Feather’s Meeting Minutes

Postby crvalley » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:12 am

August 3rd 2017 Fellow Feather’s Meeting Minutes

In Attendance: Saeid Shekarchi, Rob Johnson, Joey Villaflor, Lisa Lesser, Chris Valley, Wayne Michelsen, John Simpson, Walt Nielsen, Chris Carillo

Guests / New Members: Walt Nielsen (former Club President) - Living in Australia and visiting.

Great Flights: John took a 92 year-old man on a tandem - the passenger was a former test pilot and had a great time. Saeid had a good flight and caught his first shear. Wayne and Ben had good flights at Wildass.

President’s Report (Joey Villaflor): Funston Air Races will be August 26th. Wills Wing will be here and it is rumored a person named “Wolf-E” will be present.

Vice President’s Report (Wayne Michelsen): Nothing to report.

Secretary’s Report (Chris Valley): July meeting minutes posted.

Treasurer’s Report (Lisa Lesser): We are behind in membership dollars, but the flying season is still young.

Clubhouse Officer’s Report (Rob Johnson): Will be back to rebuilding the glider racks. Will be having a work party to paint the exterior of the clubhouse and will be making some minor roof repairs. Discussed various options and methods to maintain the set-up and launch area

Safety Officer’s Report (John Simpson): Pilots are responsible to make sure the launch area is clear and to maintain 25-foot clearance people on the ground. All pilots need to know and adhere to ridge soaring rules. Remember to not land on launch when there are spectators present - you can do your touch and go’s later when the launch is clear. Also, watch out for bush rotor and lower cliff rotor on the way to Westlake - let pilots know this as part of a thorough site intro. Dogs must be leashed in the set-up and launch area.

Tech Officer’s Report (Chuck Kranz): The technology is all good and Chuck is working on upgrades and enhancements to the web pages and backup equipment.

Administrator Reports:

~ Tandem (Urs Kellenberger): Not present. Nothing to report.
~ Training Bowl (John Simpson): Training bowl is great!

GGNRA Liaison Report (Steve Rodrigues): Not present. Nothing to report.

Old Business: Discussion of improved safety measures was brought up again and for future discussion.

New Business: No new business.

Meeting adjourned at 8:41PM.
“We abuse land because we see it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” ― Aldo Leopold
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:16 am

Return to Meeting Minutes and Treasurer Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests