Important Club Meeting This Tuesday!

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Important Club Meeting This Tuesday!

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:46 pm

This coming Tuesday's club meeting (10/8) is vitally important. Our special use permit and site insurance are seriously at risk and we will be discussing those concerns.

USHPA's President, Rich Hass, will be attending our meeting to address concerns that have put our site insurance at risk. Mitch Shipley, USHPA's appointed Investigative Officer for the upcoming hearings will attend our meeting as well.

We will also vote in a new VP. Patrick has served our club well this year, but due to extensive travel requirements that have been implemented in his job, he no longer has the time necessary to serve as VP and has stepped down. Thank you for having been there for our club, Patrick! You'll be missed.

The location of Tuesday's meeting is to be determined. We are in the process of arranging an alternative place to meet should the government shutdown still be in effect at that time. We'll announce the location once we've firmed it up. The meeting, as usual, will be from 7:30pm to 9pm.
LadyHawk

Re: Important Club Meeting This Tuesday!

Postby LadyHawk » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:47 am

This morning my car had 3 flat tires. I filed a police report about it.

Self centered and abusive behavior is what has put our site at great risk of closing.
LadyHawk

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:08 am

Due to the Government shut down, the October 8 club meeting will be held at the Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica, on the ocean side of Hwy 1 at Sharp Park Rd., from 7:30 to 9:30 PM. Pizza will be served!

This is a critical meeting and your vote is very important. Please come and help save Fort Funston!

Note: GPS navigation does not work well for the street address, it will put you in the ocean.

Directions from Fort Funston, 12 minutes:
Head South on Skyline Blvd., Take the Hwy 1 exit South towards Pacifica, go 3.4 miles and take the Sharp Park Exit. At the end of the off ramp turn Right on Bradford, go 300’ and the golf course driveway entrance will be on your left.

From San Francisco/north bay:
Take 280 South, exit Hwy 1 south towards Pacifica, go 4.5 miles and take the Sharp Park Exit. At the end of the off ramp turn Right onto Bradford, go 300’ and the golf course driveway entrance will be on your left.

From the south bay:
Take 280 North, exit Hwy 1 south towards Pacifica, go 4.5 miles and take the Sharp Park Exit. At the end of the off ramp turn Right onto Bradford, go 300’ and the golf course driveway entrance will be on your left.

From Half Moon Bay:
Take Hwy 1 North, Take the Sharp Park Exit. At the end of the off ramp turn left on Lundy, at the stop sign turn left on Sharp Park Rd. and cross over Hwy 1. Turn Left on Bradford, go 700‘ and the driveway entrance will be on your right.

Map here: http://s124.photobucket.com/user/srskyp ... e.jpg.html
USHPA # 30605
H-5, Mentor and Observer
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:58 pm

I want to thank the many folks who made the trek to Pacifica last night. The meeting was a great success and the overwhelming majority sent out a clear message.

The club put some stronger rules in place and the FF EC is committed to a zero-tolerance policy. I believe that the clubs actions will put to rest USHPA's insurance concerns and the concerns of the NPS/GGNRA.

In addition, two long-time Funston pilots will be the focus of a USHPA disciplinary hearing at the BOD meeting this week.

Things are changing at the Fort and I feel it is safe to say that the quality of life at Funston will be very much better next year!

Again, Thank you all for helping save the site!
USHPA # 30605
H-5, Mentor and Observer
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Postby charlie nelson » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:36 pm

that meeting was something to remember. I'm glad i went . We are an interesting group. then we fly sometimes .
Steve Morris made a statement that resonated with the meeting. ' something like
'what are you willing to give up to continue flying at funston'
it's a unique site that needs more attention than the other sites.
would the BLM ask us to do dirt road repair to fly Hull Mtn? or ,would the Nevada DOT ask us to pick up roadside trash to fly at Slide ?
sure. they wouldn't mind if we did help out.
same with GGNRA, sometimes they 'd like some help to keep the place shiny and clean, and they need more hep than the country sites because it 's the big city and gets a lot of use . except for now of course
email me at 'chahlieandkathy at yahoo dotto com'
charlie nelson

Postby LadyHawk » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Our club's board is also scheduling hearings for 2 additional pilots.

Any actions that put our site at risk will be addressed.

Thank you for the outpouring of support!!!!!
LadyHawk

Postby LadyHawk » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:15 pm

Make that 3 club hearings.
LadyHawk

Postby diev » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:14 am

Do the members know they are being charged and what the charges are?
Diev
diev

Return to General Discussion