FWI

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

FWI

Postby sporty155 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:49 pm

I left a couple lounge chairs (blue coleman) @ funston the day of the DM BBQ and they "should" still be in the Box next to the table... I figured they would get more use at funston than sitting in my storage 363 days/year.

Just make sure if you use them to put them back....

Im also thai dying a nice umbrella to use as well... with any luck it will fit into the box ?

cheers,
Rob
sporty155

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:12 pm

Thanks for thinking about the comfort of others! The problem is that the metal storage box is supposed to be for emergency and safety equipment only, things like rescue rope, belay harness, first aid kit, waivers, etc.

The box had become full of so much extra "stuff" that our EMT's and firemen couldn't get to the important items. They recently took the incentive to clean out the box and re-organize it. All the extra "stuff" was put inside the clubhouse against the west wall.

Thanks again for thinking of others, but we shouldn't be putting anything in the emergency box that doesn't belong there.

That being said, there are other places to stash things!
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

there you go again with that stick n the spokes :)

Postby sporty155 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:49 pm

I think we need another box then? I can arrange one if its ok with the park, etc.. would be nice to have some storage there....?

what do YOU think?

Rob
sporty155

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:58 pm

Maybe we don't need such a big box for the emergency gear? If not, we might be able to put a smaller box behind the big one, keep the ropes in the small one and other stuff in the big one?
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Postby sporty155 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:01 am

Thats a great idea... I may have just the box (alum, 12'd 30w 24h,lockable) I could pour a cement pad and bolt it down if need be...

R
sporty155

Weather proofing and second box

Postby Daniel Pifko » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:28 pm

We had a lot of problems with the old box getting wet, humid, sunken, etc. Let's keep the current one in place and only containing the emergency gear until we are sure any other boxes don't show the same problems as what we've already seen. Protecting the emergency gear has to be a higher priority than convenient storage of chairs, etc. For the time being, you might want to store the comfort gear off to the side in the "spectator dugout."
Daniel Pifko
Site Admin

Postby sporty155 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:23 pm

Sounds do-able.... The dry box part is easy.... just a matter of bolting it down to something (or to the side of the existing box)

I did consider the dugout... too easy to nab em...

Its not priority but I will keep the box idea on the back burner... I still have the painting/sealing to do first on the clubhouse... ;O
sporty155

Re: there you go again with that stick n the spokes :)

Postby crvalley » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:01 pm

sporty155 wrote:I think we need another box then? I can arrange one if its ok with the park, etc.. would be nice to have some storage there....?

what do YOU think?

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for your help...much appreciated, but let's just keep the box we have...less clutter.

Chris
crvalley

Postby sporty155 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:38 pm

were not thinking of removing the existing box, were considering adding a better/smaller box for the parks,paperwork etc.. and use the big box for storing the rope, chairs, tiki lamps, frizbees, bic lighters, marginal mark sun screen and matching visors.... stuff!
sporty155

Return to General Discussion