Correction to your correction, Steve

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

Correction to your correction, Steve

Postby Janica » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:12 pm

The "Correction" post contains a factual inaccuracy.
The original thread was in the Announcements section, not the
General Discussion section as you claim.

Reposting select statements here out of context puts my character and reputation in an unfavorable light.
The very thing you accuse me of doing to you.

Unlike you, I do not have the ability to restrict access to the website or move unflattering threads to the password protected Off-Topic section.

Deleting my post from the thread I originally posted it in + moving my response from one section to another is unethical manipulation and absolutely grounds for withdrawing you as a site admin should I chose to request it from Funston's EC Board.

Rather than demand an apology from you for defamation of my character/reputation or request the board take away your site admin rights, I will simply repost the original thread here in its entirety without censorship + ask that you no longer attempt to censor posts or restrict access to things unless the Tech Officer and/or the EC are also in agreement.

There is a reason for separation of powers.

I am sorry, Ken, but Steve's manipulation of my posts + abuse of his site admin rights for personal reasons cannot go unaddressed.

ORIGINAL POST IN ANNOUNCEMENTS SECTION
Proposed Bylaws Amendment
by Steve Rodrigues » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:38 pm
Discussions at recent club meetings have concluded that pilots continue to not take site regulation seriously and are not deterred by a 7 day “slap on the wrist” suspension.

Suspensions longer than 7 days currently require a lengthy legal process which puts undue burden on the Executive Committee, and can wind up penalizing committee members almost as much as the pilot in question. This is not fair to club volunteers and is often the reason that pilots do not receive a suspension commensurate to their violation, and one that would be an effective deterrent.

Members present at the September club meeting agreed that in order to have more effective enforcement of site regulations, club officers should be able to suspend a pilot for up to 14 days. (Emphasis on “up to”, as suspensions could be less than 14 days).

Please see Article XI below, the proposed change noted by “*”. This change will require a Bylaws amendment, with an affirmative vote of two thirds of the members present at two consecutive meetings.
The first vote on this proposed amendment will take place at the next Fellow Feathers club meeting, to he held on Tuesday October 13, 2015.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Fellow Feathers Bylaws

ARTICLE XI: DISCIPLINE
Since it is the Club’s duty to administer the hang gliding program at Fort Funston, the Club may revoke or suspend the flying privileges of members or non-members. 
Section 1: For violating Fort Funston or generally accepted rules and conduct, a pilot’s flying privileges may be suspended in the following manner:
A. For up to *14* days by a club officer;
B. For longer than *14 * days, by a majority vote of the Executive Committee present at a hearing at which at least one witness to the violation or offense testifies and at which the accused pilot has the following rights:
1. Notice of violation;
2. Notice of hearing;
3. Name of witnesses to violation;
4. Opportunity to question witnesses;
5. Opportunity to be heard; and
6. Opportunity to produce witnesses.
C. The hearing shall be conducted by the President or Safety Director.
Section 2: A disciplinary action imposed by the Executive Committee may be
modified only by a majority vote of the Executive Committee.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

USHPA # 30605
H-5, Mentor, Observer, USHPA Director at Large

Re: Proposed Bylaws Amendment
by arry carpenter » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:55 pm
another attempt from steve to make Funston one of the least flown sites. flying at funston is down by 80% in the last 5 years. thanks steve.

by arry carpenter » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:13 pm
maybe should of said ten years

by Steve Rodrigues » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:52 pm
Larry,
It seems you did not comprehend all that you read. I suggest you re-read my post and note where it says that the club members at the September meeting agreed to propose this amendment.
In fact there was an actual vote taken in support of the proposal, so unless you believe I have the power of mind control, quit blaming me for everything that happens.

USHPA # 30605

by Janica » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:54 pm
Overstepping your office again it seems, Treasurer Rodriguez.

If you are helping Tom White with his duties as Secretary, it might make sense to first post September's meeting minutes. None have been posted as of today.

Re: Posted Bylaws Amendment
by arry carpenter » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:17 pm
no i never read it steve. only took a few words to see what your doing again and again. funston should be a private site right steve

by Steve Rodrigues » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:27 am
I don't know why you want to shoot the messenger, I simply posted what the club voted on.

You both need to accept the fact that there are many others in the club that think differently than you do. If you don't like this one or the choices of its members, then perhaps you should find a different club, with members more to your liking. I think everyone would breathe a little easier and have more fun.

USHPA # 30605

by Janica » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:37 pm

Re-read my post. There is no indication of favor towards or opposition to the amendment. Only an observation that September's meeting minutes have yet to be posted. 
Stop seeing/causing unnecessary division within the club.

Overstepping your office (as confirmed by USHPA's current President who felt it necessary to personally remind you to back off last week) by getting involved in Ed Levin matters outside your purview as both a Funston Treasurer and a USHPA Director-at-large + continuing to keep lists on people like an angry Santa waiting to pounce indicates an unfortunate loss of focus. 

Officers are granted and entrusted with their powers by the members of each club for use towards the betterment of the club **in service to the club's members.** 

When power is abused, there is manipulation instead of inspiration. 

While this may feel like a personal attack, it is not. 
It is a genuine plea towards healing + community-building from one club member to one club officer: 
Seek to inspire, Steve, not manipulate. 

To all who read this, thank you for your time.

by Steve Rodrigues » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:45 pm
Janica, please get your facts straight:

-USHPA President did not personally remind me to back off last week as you stated, you are spreading a slanderous un-truth.

-As a USHPA Director at Large, it is appropriate for me to be concerned with any issues involving USHPA Chapters. And similar to how the California DMV keeps track of tickets you get in other States, your actions at other USHPA flying sites are relevant to your overall record.

-The FF membership voted to submit an amendment to the Bylaws, which I posted at their instruction. Posting of that proposed amendment was not contingent upon posting of the Minutes, so for you to accuse me of overstepping my office is without merit.

Out of one corner of your mouth you say "While this may feel like a personal attack, it is not.", but out of the other corner you say "continuing to keep lists on people like an angry Santa waiting to pounce indicates an unfortunate loss of focus." Do you really think calling me an "angry Santa waiting to pounce" is not a personal attack?!?

In my defense, and since you want to make your list a public issue, I will comply: Your repeated site and FAA violations are a concern for all USHPA Chapters whose sites you visit. So yes, both USHPA officials and club officers do keep track of these things, because written documentation is required for any actions involving disciplinary actions or rating reductions. We would be remiss in our duties if we did *not* keep records!

Accusing me of manipulation and abuse of power are very serious charges that verge on slander. If you have specific charges that you can back up, then please state them, but I encourage you to be careful because what you put in writing becomes a matter of public record.

USHPA # 30605

by Janica » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:45 pm
Anyone is free to contact USHPA President Rich Hass and verify my statements. I stand behind the veracity of my post.

3 wise senior pilots offered me their counsel which I am heeding right now.

I am not interested in playing your game of winning and losing for that is not the issue at hand. 

The ultimate objective is preserving everyone’s ability to fly. 

Every pilot wants flying sites to thrive. 

If flying sites aren’t the main objective and are lost, then no one wins.

by arry carpenter » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:48 pm
maybe Jennica is right why aren't the minutes up? does it show you brought up this amenment. i asked ya to leave funston years ago when we had meeting at the club house. so i should be flattered your trying to copy me now. i am sure you would feel better if i left funston. i was going to leave because ya made it unfunston, but now ya got me wanting to stay. i still think you should get a award for making funston at least 50% less flown in the last 5 years. i do not think this should pass.

by arry carpenter » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:52 pm
sorry about that Janica

by Steve Rodrigues » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:01 pm
Hi Janica,

Thanks for retracting your statement "Overstepping your office (as confirmed by USHPA's current President who felt it necessary to personally remind you to back off last week) "

I'd requested that you post your retraction on the General Discussion board so everyone who read it the first time could see the correction, so I went ahead and moved it there.

USHPA # 30605
Janica

Re: Correction to your correction, Steve

Postby Steve Rodrigues » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Janica,

You are absolutely correct, it should not have been posted in the General Discussion, that was my mistake. Sorry that neither of us caught that until now. I have fixed my mistake by moving the topic to the Announcement forum where it should have been in the first place.

If you do not want this to be seen on the General Discussion forum, please feel free to delete your post as you see fit and I'll delete mine to if you want.
USHPA # 30605
H-5, Mentor and Observer
Steve Rodrigues
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion