It's about the flying !

Talk about Hang Gliding at Ft Funston and the Fellow Feathers Club.

It's about the flying !

Postby deeprecon1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:29 am

:cry:

The last couple months have been rough for the club, or has the appearance from an outsider to be .. pilots airing their dirty laundry on Facebook and in public view of visitors from all over the world. The reason I am even making this public on the Feathers BB there is a chance that some unwelcomed changes are going to be forced in the future. I have no input or influence with the governing body. However you all do … again I don’t care what any of you do or what goes on at the Fort. I just hope I can fly this amazing site for years to come. The fighting verbal or psychical .. the stench of urine .. or the excessive drinking ( I have not personally seen this) and other things have been reported on several occasions to the Park Police. I hope something changes, or at least the offenders realize what they are doing to “their” site. Its about flying right?

Terry S
deeprecon1

Re: It's about the flying !

Postby charlie nelson » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:43 am

come on out and fly ,Terry, the reports of the death of both Funston and Mark Twain have been exaggerrated.
charlie N
email me at 'chahlieandkathy at yahoo dotto com'
charlie nelson

Postby spork » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:48 pm

the reports of the death of both Funston and Mark Twain have been exaggerrated.

Actually the report of the death of Mark Twain has been verified. And rumor has it that Ben Reese is doing what he can to help us lose Funston as a flying site. It's my understanding that he called the cops to break up a "safety meeting", and that the fun wasn't over until the cops, the GGNRA, and USHPA were involved. Then to keep things interesting another pilot punctured Ben's tires with a pitch-fork, and a third pilot tried to prevent Ben from carrying his glider back to the setup area after a flight. Some pushing and shoving later, and the rangers were called back out to settle this too. Good showing by all!

Just a day in the life I suppose.

DISCLAIMER: I wasn't there to witness all of this first hand. So I can't swear by the accuracy of the details. But I'd certainly bet on the accuracy.
spork

Postby deeprecon1 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:51 am

Maybe get out this Friday .. I have a new / used Harness I need to test fly. Spork, thats not good news for any of us :x. Two years in this sport and the crap I have heard and seen. Amazing
deeprecon1

Return to General Discussion